RESTENA Foundation (Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Éducation Nationale et de la Recherche) and LU-CIX (Luxembourg Commercial Internet Exchange) are looking for multiple network, security and systems engineers for positions opening as from March 2020.
Network, security and systems engineers (m/f)
LU-CIX and RESTENA are partnering since 2016 for the management of the LU-CIX national Internet exchange backbone and will operate together, as from 2020, the national DDoS scrubbing centre.
Be part of this exciting and challenging project as from the beginning. In an engaged and motivated team, you will be responsible for operating the largest Internet and DDoS scrubbing infrastructure in Luxembourg. If you always wanted to be a firefighter when you were young, then this is a unique chance of living your dream in a virtual world!
- Manage and operate a large DDoS scrubbing infrastructure
- Manage and operate a large Internet network infrastructure
- Manage and operate the national Internet exchange point
- Manage and operate the related IT and security infrastructure
- Ensure optimized utilization, security and performance of the infrastructures
- Apply, update and optimize procedures
- Coordinate & communicate with the connected ISPs and protected entities
- Master degree in telecommunication, IT security or computer science or equivalent and duly recognized knowledge in the field
- At least 5 years of work experience in operating highly critical networks
- Strong experience in Internet technologies and infrastructures
- Understanding of BGP routing
- The broadest possible knowledge of all kinds of protocols travelling on today’s Internet
- Knowledge how to mitigate DDoS attacks and related technologies
- Experience in working in a Unix-based IT environment
- Experience in ITIL, DRP and BCM projects will be considered as an advantage
- Display team spirit, show decision-making skills and be organized
- Be fluent in French and English
- Understanding and speaking Luxemburgish will be considered as an advantage
- You will be required to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
The first selection will be based on the curriculum vitae and motivation letters. For further information about the open positions please contact Gilles Massen at RESTENA (+352 424409-25) or Claude Demuth at LU-CIX GIE (+352 28992992-90)
About RESTENA Foundation
RESTENA is the very high-speed network for the education and research community of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Operational since 1989 and connected to the global Internet in 1992, the network is today deployed and operated by the RESTENA Foundation. The primary objective is to provide network services for all public and private institutions and organisations involved in the field of education, research, culture, health and administration, providing them with cutting-edge solutions for their communications needs. Set up in 2000, the Foundation brings together all types of research and teaching bodies, as well as the ministries for education, research and of finance. The Foundation also co-ordinates Internet resources nationally, managing .LU domain names and actively participating in the operation of the neutral platform for the exchange of Internet traffic LU-CIX.