Are you an undergraduate/graduate student looking for an interactive online experience? Are you interested in the ICT sector because you see it as an industry that will shape the future? Are you fascinated by the rise of Asia and ever wondered how things look like for companies operating in a dynamic global business in China? If the answer to these questions is “yes”, we want to hear from you.
Huawei –Who are we?
Founded in 1987, Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. We are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organisation for a fully connected, intelligent world. We have approximately 197,000 employees and we operate in over 170 countries and regions, serving more than three billion people around the world. We are one of the world’s most innovative companies and a leading telecoms solutions provider with comprehensive strengths delivering fixed–line, wireless & IP technologies.We serve three main types of customers globally:
- Telecom operators that provide Internet, broadband, wireless, plus fixed and mobile phone services
- Enterprises, organisations, institutions, governments & public utilities, as well as industries: finance, energy, transportation & manufacturing.
- Consumers, who buy our smartphones, smart watches, laptop computers and other devices.
Everything we develop and deliver to our customers is secure, trustworthy, and this has been consistent over a track record of 30 years.
What are we offering?
We are offering undergraduates or fresh graduates–from all academic backgrounds,the opportunity to join an online experience around technology innovation and cross cultural exchange. During the 8–day programme, the participants will:
- receive entry level and advanced courses on key technologies, including 5G, cloud computing and AI
- experience the traditional and modern China through virtual tours of Chinese scenic spots or fast growing companies
- hear from Huawei experts, external entrepreneurs, professors or scientists who will share perspectives on a wide range of topics from cybersecurity to aerospace industry
- immerse in an interactive and dynamic classroom where group discussions, debates, round–table dialogues will be arranged to ensure cross–cultural exchanges with fellows from other countries
- participate in “Tech4Good” group project to increase social entrepreneurship, build problem solving and leadership skills through team work, and deepen sense of social responsibility
- get a glimpse at Huawei’s history and technological developments including virtual tours of Huawei exhibition halls, campus and stores
You will officially join the alumni community where exclusive webinars, round table dialogues, celebration events etc. will be held all year round to strengthen the sense of belonging.
Who are we looking for?
To be considered for Huawei’s ‘Seeds for the Future’ programme in 2021, applicants will need to match the following criteria:
- Have excellent English language ability
- Have a strong interest in telecoms and technology topics
- Be an avid and enthusiastic learner
*Please note that this is a non–salaried programme.
How to apply?
Please send the following to: email@example.com
- A CV
- A motivation letter that reflects your objective to participate, your interest in ICT and China, and enthusiasm for learning
Deadline for application: 11 July2021, midnight.
For more information, please visit the Seeds for the Future website.