LU-CIX Management G.I.E. (Luxembourg Internet Exchange) is looking for:
System and application engineer (m/f)
LU-CIX operates the national Internet exchange backbone and has ambitious extension plans. Be part of a small and fast-moving company. In an engaged and motivated team, you will be responsible for operating mobile apps, applications and their related IT systems and databases in the context of an exciting new project.
If you’re interested to help run cool opensource apps in a growing Unix shop, where windows only exist to let the sun shine in, we might have a place for you. If you automate and script everything in your world, we want to talk to you – and if you want to find out together with us, that’s fine too.
- Manage and operate opensource application stacks
- Test custom developed mobile and desktop apps
- Follow-up external app development
- Manage and operate the LU-CIX IT system infrastructure
- Level 2 support for customer helpdesks
- Automate recurring tasks, script application configuration and deployment
- Monitor operational parameters
- Ensure optimized security and performance of the applications
You will be required to participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation.
- Software lifecycle management
- Mobile app ecosystem
- Unix system administration
- Database administration
- Virtualization and containerization technologies
- IT automation and DevOps operation
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Authentication standards, single sign on, …
- Scripting languages
- Good understanding of application and system security measures
You should display team spirit, be flexible, show decision-making skills and be organized.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of work experience
- Be fluent in French and English
- Understanding and speaking Luxemburgish will be considered as an asset
Please send your application including your CV and motivation letter in English or French to jobs[at]lu-cix[dot]lu.
The first selection will be based on the curriculum vitae and motivation letters.